Followers

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Burlap Bird Canvas

While I was cleaning out my closet, I found a lace vest that I fell in love with. The floral appliques are exquisite so I knew that I couldn't just get rid of something with so much potential. Plus it was perfect for this really fun and easy craft.


 I gathered all of my supplies and began to craft away.
Supplies:
12x12 Burlap Canvas
Martha Stewart Bird Stencil
Floral appliques
Pearl beads
Hot glue gun
Scissors
Black Paint
Tape
Sponge (Paper towels work well too)
Upholstery Nails
Music Sheet
 First, I figured out how I wanted my placement of the stencil on my canvas. Then I taped down the stencil and sponge painted until I got the look that I wanted. (I didn't do thick coats because I liked the aged, antique look of a lighter coat)
 Next, I started embellishing by hot glueing down my floral appliques and bird wings cut out from a music sheet.
I also added small pearls to give a little more detail to my floral appliques.
 I finished by adding a rusticy-vintage flare with upholstery nails around the outside edge.
 Now you can make your own easy vintage looking burlap bird canvas!

Thank y'all for reading,
Lindsey












No comments:

Post a Comment