Followers

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Chalk Painted Basket

I am so sorry that I haven't posted in so long, but I have been really busy with getting back into the groove of things with school. I think I am finally eased back in and ready to blog again. I've been working on a really big project that will be up in a future blog post very soon! For today, I decided to choose an easy project by chalk painting a basket.


If you can't tell already, I sort of have an obsessive love for Annie Sloan Chalk Paint! I found this basket at Goodwill, and thought a nice coat of chalk paint would make it even prettier. My dog Jingie wanted to be part of this blog post :)
I started out by giving my basket a nice coat of black spray paint for a good base color.
 Next, I took Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint in Old White with another coat.
 I then sanded the chalk paint with some medium grit sand paper, so that the other coats could show through and give a more antique look.
 I put my supplies in my mom's vintage wagon that she has from when she was a kid.
 I gave my basket a nice coat of dark wax, and then sealed it all with the clear wax.
 Here's what the Annie Sloan waxes look like:
 Here's the finished product!
 I hope that y'all will try out chalk paint, and that y'all will love it as much as I do!
 Thank y'all for reading,
Lindsey



No comments:

Post a Comment